- 1 When did Phantom of the Opera run on Broadway?
- 2 What is the longest running play?
- 3 Who is the longest running phantom?
- 4 What is the longest running play ever on Broadway?
- 5 What is the number one screen to stage?
- 6 What is the best Broadway show of all time?
- 7 What is the most expensive Broadway musical ever made?
- 8 What is the longest running Broadway show opens in an old opera house and features a chandelier fall?
- 9 What role did Howard McGillin play in Broadway?
- 10 What is the biggest Broadway flop?
- 11 What Broadway show has won the most Tonys?
- 12 What Broadway show has won the most Tonys and how many?
When did Phantom of the Opera run on Broadway?
Since its Broadway debut on January 26, 1988, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA has grossed over $675 million, making it the highest-grossing show in Broadway history.
What is the longest running play?
Known as the “world’s longest-running play,” The Moustrap has been running since 1952 and will celebrate 70 years in London in 2022. “It feels very symbolic that The Mousetrap will be amongst the first West End show to open its doors again,” said producer Adam Spiegel in a statement.
Who is the longest running phantom?
Next up, Howard McGillin, who holds the record for the longest-running Broadway Phantom with a whopping 2,544 performances beginning in 1999, explains why the beloved Andrew Lloyd Webber musical is like riding a perfect California wave, and share a second tale of onstage nausea!
What is the longest running play ever on Broadway?
The Phantom of the Opera The longest-running show in Broadway history officially opened on January 26, 1988 and is still playing at the Majestic The Andrew Lloyd Webber musical won 7 1988 Tony Awards® including Best Musical.
What is the number one screen to stage?
1. West Side Story (1961)
What is the best Broadway show of all time?
Top Ten Best Broadway Shows Ever Made
- Hamilton. The story of the man on the ten dollar bill has been Broadway’s number one smash hit since its release.
- The Producers.
- The Phantom of the Opera.
- The Book of Mormon.
- Les Miserables.
- West Side Story.
- Kinky Boots.
What is the most expensive Broadway musical ever made?
Most Expensive Broadway Musicals
- Shrek- The Musical- $27.6 million:
- Lion King: $27.5 million:
- Beauty and the Beast: $17.4 million.
- Wicked- $16.9 million:
- The Little Mermaid: $16.6 million.
- Tarzan: $16 million.
- Dance of the Vampires: $15.2 million.
- The Phantom of the Opera: $14.2 million.
What is the longest running Broadway show opens in an old opera house and features a chandelier fall?
The international musical hit “The Phantom of the Opera ” became the longest running show in Broadway history Monday, after its 7,486th performance.
What role did Howard McGillin play in Broadway?
Howard — Howard McGillin. Having most recently appeared in “Grey Gardens” with Betty Buckley at Sag Harbor’s Bay Street Theatre, Howard is best known for his record-setting performance in the title role of “The Phantom of the Opera” on Broadway.
What is the biggest Broadway flop?
These Were The Biggest Flops In Broadway History
- Carrie was a bloody disaster.
- Into the Light qucikly went dark.
- Glory Days for just one night.
- Not even the king could save Home Sweet Homer.
- Few wanted anybody to Bring Back Birdie.
- Via Galactica was totally far out.
- Dance a Little Closer was a musical about nuclear war.
What Broadway show has won the most Tonys?
An Enchanted Musical Rodgers & Hammerstein’s South Pacific has won more Tony Awards over all of its Broadway productions to date than any other musical. That’s 17 Tonys: 10 for the original 1949 production, plus seven for the 2008 revival.
What Broadway show has won the most Tonys and how many?
Wins: The most Tony Awards ever received by a single production was the musical The Producers (2001) with 12 awards, including Best Musical.