- 1 What play should I see in London?
- 2 What is London’s equivalent of Broadway?
- 3 Are things open in London?
- 4 What is the longest-running musical in the West End 2020?
- 5 What is the best musical in London right now?
- 6 Which is a famous area in London for theatres?
- 7 What is the longest running musical?
- 8 What is the most played song ever?
- 9 Can I go to London during lockdown?
- 10 What can I do during lockdown?
- 11 Are the pubs open in London?
What play should I see in London?
10 best London musicals and shows
- The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre.
- Hairspray the Musical at the London Coliseum.
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at The London Palladium.
- Everybody’s Talking About Jamie at the Apollo Theatre.
- Back to the Future at the Adelphi Theatre.
- Jersey Boys at Trafalgar Theatre.
What is London’s equivalent of Broadway?
Official London Theatre is London’s equivalent of Broadway.org, bringing theatre fans around the world all the latest news from the glittering West End.
Are things open in London?
All venues across the capital are allowed to open following the latest easing of coronavirus restrictions, although some places may still remain closed.
What is the longest-running musical in the West End 2020?
Les Misérables With some of the most recognisable songs in musical theatre, the classic story of Jean Valjean and revolutionary France is the longest-running musical in the history of the West End.
What is the best musical in London right now?
Our list of Top 10 London musicals is ranked by London Theatre’s current top-selling shows.
- Wicked at Apollo Victoria Theatre.
- Mamma Mia at Novello Theatre.
- The Lion King at Lyceum Theatre.
- The Book of Mormon at Prince of Wales Theatre.
- Hamilton at Victoria Palace Theatre.
- Matilda the Musical at Cambridge Theatre.
Which is a famous area in London for theatres?
London’s theatrical heartland, often referred to as Theaterland or West End, is roughly bounded by Piccadilly Circus to the west, Trafalgar Square to south, Tottenham Court Road to the north and Covent Garden to the east.
What is the longest running musical?
The 20 longest-running West End musicals
- Les Misérables. 1985 – present (over 13,964 performances)
- The Phantom Of The Opera. 1986 – present (over 13,629 performances)
- Blood Brothers. 1988 – 2012 (10,013 performances)
- Cats. 1981 – 2002 (8,949 performances)
- Disney’s The Lion King.
- Starlight Express.
What is the most played song ever?
According to this list, “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’” is the most played song, with 8 million airs. Only includes songs with 3 million + airs. This same list appears at ClassicBands.com. The article reports that Sting received a BMI Award for “Every Breath You Take” piling up more than 15 million radio plays.
Can I go to London during lockdown?
Can I travel to London? There are some restrictions in place for people travelling to London from outside the UK. International visitors arriving from certain countries are currently prohibited from entering England. You will also be required to quarantine in a hotel for 10 days when travelling from certain countries.
What can I do during lockdown?
10 Productive Things to Do During Lockdown
- Catch up with family and friends. Picture a bar.
- Attend an online internship.
- Spring clean your room.
- Decorate your space.
- Earn some money online.
- Finish a book.
- Make a pandemic time capsule.
- Learn something new.
Are the pubs open in London?
Pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants can open indoors and outdoors. Six customers per table from six households (children under 13 not counted) Single household groups of up to 10 permitted. Live music performances at “ambient levels” are allowed, but dancing is not.