- 1 Are stalls or dress circle better?
- 2 What is the dress circle?
- 3 What is Grand Circle in theatre?
- 4 Is the dress circle upstairs?
- 5 Where should you sit in a Theatre?
- 6 Are stalls good seats in Theatre?
- 7 Why do they call it the dress circle?
- 8 What are stalls in a Theatre?
- 9 What are Theatre seats called?
- 10 Are front row Theatre seats good?
- 11 Is it bad to sit in the front row of a movie theater?
- 12 Are balcony seats good?
- 13 What is the best seat in the opera house?
- 14 Is stalls or balcony better?
- 15 What are the best seats in a Broadway theater?
Are stalls or dress circle better?
Hands down, the best seats in this theatre are the front rows of the dress circle. It sits low, so you don’t feel you are peering down on a show, and it is relatively close to the stage. There is nothing wrong with the first few rows of the stalls, but the dress is the place to be.
What is the dress circle?
: the first or lowest curved tier of seats above the main floor in a theater or opera house.
What is Grand Circle in theatre?
The Grand Circle is the highest section in the theatre, with a very steep rake. Although views are least restricted in the front rows, it is advisable to sit centrally in order to avoid the safety rail being in view and to allow for more legroom.
Is the dress circle upstairs?
Dress Circle seating is located 1 level above the stage, the centre of the front row (Row A) of the Dress Circle is approximately 16.5 metres away from the stage, it sits in line with Stalls Row K.
Where should you sit in a Theatre?
For a standard movie theater with exit rows on the sides (as opposed to down the middle, as some older theaters have), the best spot is as close to dead center as you can get. “I’ve always felt the obvious best spot to sit in a movie theater is in the center of the room, center with the screen.
Are stalls good seats in Theatre?
Stall seats are on the ground level of the theatre. These seats may be regarded as the “best seats in the house” as they offer patrons the chance to be closest to the action, especially if you are sitting in the front rows of the theatre.
Why do they call it the dress circle?
– So called because it is a circular row of seats at an entertainment, the spectators of which are expected to be in dress clothes.
What are stalls in a Theatre?
– Stalls is the same as Orchestra or Orchestra Stalls in the USA. They are the lowest seating section of the theatre and normally closest to the stage. – Dress Circle, aka Royal Circle or Circle, is the same as Mezzanine in the USA and is the next tier of seating above the Stalls.
What are Theatre seats called?
Balconies or galleries: one or more raised seating platforms towards the rear of the auditorium. In larger theaters, multiple levels are stacked vertically above or behind the stalls. The first level is usually called the dress circle or grand circle. The next level may be the loge, from the French version of loggia.
Are front row Theatre seats good?
Sitting in the dress/royal circle The front rows of the dress circle are among the best seats in a theatre – especially for dance productions and musicals with a strong dance element.
Is it bad to sit in the front row of a movie theater?
Most people gravitate to the center or the back of a theater and find the front uncomfortable—too loud, too much neck-craning. But to front-row enthusiasts like me, the sensory overload is exactly what makes the zone so appealing.
Are balcony seats good?
Balcony. The balcony seats tend to be pretty high up, but they might be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, you might be better off with front balcony seats than with rear mezzanine, especially at older theaters such as the Lyceum, the Belasco, and the Shubert.
What is the best seat in the opera house?
Generally, the best seats in the house are going to be in the center orchestra and right in the center of the house. The right and left orchestra areas tend to have good seats for seeing the action taking place on the sides of the stage, provided the seats are reasonably close.
Is stalls or balcony better?
All seats provide a good view of the stage. Downstairs in the stalls you are closer to the action and feel more a part of it. Up in the balcony you get a better view of the staging, looking down on the action. The stalls are best during the summer it can get very hot in the balcony.
What are the best seats in a Broadway theater?
The best seats for extra legroom in the Orchestra are in row A, or on the aisles. To make the most of a clean, direct view of the stage, seats on the inside aisles should be a first choice.