- 1 Are Grand Circle seats good?
- 2 What is the view like from the Grand Circle?
- 3 Is Royal Circle or Grand Circle better?
- 4 What are the best seats in a theater?
- 5 Is it bad to sit in the front row of a movie theater?
- 6 Are balcony seats good?
- 7 What is the dress circle in a Theatre?
- 8 What are balcony seats like at the Palace Theatre?
- 9 Where are the best seats in Victoria Palace Theatre?
- 10 Are the stalls or circle better seats?
- 11 Why is it called Dress Circle?
- 12 Where is the best place to sit at the London Palladium?
- 13 What are the seats on the side of a theater called?
- 14 What is the best place to sit for a Broadway show?
- 15 Is it better to sit in mezzanine or orchestra?
Are Grand Circle seats good?
Upper Circle Also referred to as the Grand Circle, this is the third level of seating in an auditorium. Sitting this high may not be recommended for those who suffer from vertigo, however sitting in this section of the theatre will allow you to see the stage from a high angle so you don’t miss any part of the action.
What is the view like from the Grand Circle?
The shape of the Grand Circle is more curved, causing seats towards the ends of the rows to be restricted view. Handrails may also obstruct the view for those in the middle of each row. This problem affects rows A-D. This section provides good overall views of the stage, especially when working on a budget.
Is Royal Circle or Grand Circle better?
– Dress Circle, aka Royal Circle or Circle, is the same as Mezzanine in the USA and is the next tier of seating above the Stalls. – Upper Circle or Grand Circle is the same as Balcony in the USA, and is normally the next tier of seating above the Dress Circle. (These are normally the cheapest seats!)
What are the best seats in a theater?
The best movie seats are located in the center, with three seats to the left and right. Why these seats have a great picture: For the best view, stick to the center of the theater. THX—the A/V company developed by George Lucas—recommends that you find a spot with a 36-degree viewing angle of the screen.
Is it bad to sit in the front row of a movie theater?
Most people gravitate to the center or the back of a theater and find the front uncomfortable—too loud, too much neck-craning. But to front-row enthusiasts like me, the sensory overload is exactly what makes the zone so appealing.
Are balcony seats good?
Balcony. The balcony seats tend to be pretty high up, but they might be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, you might be better off with front balcony seats than with rear mezzanine, especially at older theaters such as the Lyceum, the Belasco, and the Shubert.
What is the dress circle in a Theatre?
: the first or lowest curved tier of seats above the main floor in a theater or opera house.
What are balcony seats like at the Palace Theatre?
The Balcony is a much larger section than both the Dress and Grand Circles, divided into three blocks of seating by two aisles. One of the steepest balconies in the West End, this section is strictly not recommended for those with a fear of heights. A steep rake creates clear but distant views of the stage.
Where are the best seats in Victoria Palace Theatre?
Best seats in the front stalls are rows D to P from around 11 to 38. Then choose rows C or R (depending on preference for proximity to the stage versus missing dancing feet). Be aware that rows are not off-set brilliantly to see between those in front.
Are the stalls or circle better seats?
As a rule rows 6-8 in the stalls tend to offer the best views. The dress circle – Also sometimes called the Royal Circle, first balcony or mezzanine, the dress circle is the next tier of seating above the stalls. Upper circle seats are usually about the same price as the rear stalls.
Why is it called Dress Circle?
– So called because it is a circular row of seats at an entertainment, the spectators of which are expected to be in dress clothes.
Where is the best place to sit at the London Palladium?
The best seats are in the central section around rows M and P, which provide excellent views of the whole stage. The overhang from the level above slightly restricts the view from rows further back, but not significantly. The section is well raked, giving good views over the heads of the audience in front.
What are the seats on the side of a theater called?
Balconies or galleries: one or more raised seating platforms towards the rear of the auditorium. In larger theaters, multiple levels are stacked vertically above or behind the stalls. The first level is usually called the dress circle or grand circle. The next level may be the loge, from the French version of loggia.
What is the best place to sit for a Broadway show?
For musicals, the ideal locations are 8-10 rows back in the orchestra section or the front row of the mezzanine (in the center, of course). Note that most mezzanines have a railing across the front that can get in the way of children or shorter adults in the front row, in which case it should probably be avoided.
Is it better to sit in mezzanine or orchestra?
Closer up on the sides, close to the aisle, can be better than center orchestra farther back. Mezzanine seating can offer a more panoramic view and, if you’re in the first row or two, you’ll often be closer to the stage than you would have been in the orchestra.